SEND – Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
The Governing Body and staff of Holywell Church of England School are committed to providing an appropriate and high quality education to all our children.
“We are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” (Ephesians 2:10).
We believe that every child has worth and value:
“There are different spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit gives them. There are different ways of serving, and yet the same Lord is served. There are different types of work to do, but the same God produces every gift in every person” (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).
From this belief, we have a commitment to ensure that all children, including those identified as having special educational needs, have a common entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum so that they can realise their true potential. This curriculum should be accessible and all students should be fully included in all aspects of school life.
We believe that:
- All children are entitled to relevant and worthwhile education designed to enable individual students to participate fully in society and to contribute to and benefit from it;
- Students who have special educational and disability (SEND) needs should be supported wherever necessary to achieve full access to the whole school curriculum. This will need to be facilitated through a range of access technologies including skilled staff, specialist equipment and resources;
- Students should have individual programmes created for them to ensure that appropriate support, resources and opportunities are available to them.
- The SEND Policy (see link below) outlines how we, as a school, meet our duty and obligation to provide a high quality education to all of our students, including students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and to do everything we can to meet the needs of students with SEND.
Follow this link to Central Bedfordshire Council's Local Offer
Our SEND Coordintor is Miss A Stepney.
Our Assistant SEND Coordinator is Mrs C Morison.
The SEND Team is further supported by a team of experienced Teaching Assistants.
SEND Fact Sheets available - please follow the links below.
What every teacher needs to know
Living without a diagnosis
Looking after yourself as a parent
Speech language and communication needs
Please click the links below to view our SEND Policies
Here are some useful agencies and phone numbers.
- Central Bedfordshire Council SEND Parent and Young Person Partnership Service - 0300 300 8088
- School Nurse Service - 01234 3130392 or 01234 310334
- Carers in Bedfordshire- 0300 111 1919
- Autism Bedfordshire - 01234 214871
- Outside In - (ASD and ADHD support group) - 01462 813282
- Child Development Centre - 01234 310275
- Early Help Hub - 0300 300 8585
- Flitwick Children's Centre - 01525 714008
- Children with Disabilities Team - 01234 228709