Communication With School.
“We can talk with someone about anything even if it’s awful or small”
At Holywell School we actively encourage students and parents to contact us about anything and everything related to learning and school. We welcome news about successes and important events outside of school and we appreciate feedback on all school-related matters. We hope for open, positive, solution-focussed conversations and exchanges of information and we will also provide positive feedback on the great work students are doing. Receiving a phone-call from school is not always a negative experience!
Where there are issues to address, we aim to be peaceful problem-solvers, whilst remaining clear and robust in terms of standards and expectations … keeping the focus on learning always results in great outcomes and positive communication.
We encourage parents/carers to contact a member of the school team immediately if there is anything we may need to know – positive or negative – from out-of-school successes to family issues, from small niggles to major concerns. The first point of reference will be the form tutor or the Head of Year. However, if you are unsure as to who might be able to help, please contact our Office Staff as they are very adept at making sure your enquiry/concern is dealt with appropriately. Main contacts are available on our 'Contact Us' page.
Red Lion Close
tel: 01234 750381
We communicate with parents in a range of formal and informal ways:
- Phone calls
- Face-to-Face meetings
- Text alerts
- Messages on the school website (www.holywellschool.co.uk)
- Parent consultation evenings
- Subject specific / Year group specific meetings
The half-termly editions of Holywell News keep parents up-to-date with what happens in school; activities, term dates, invitations to events, Parents’ Meetings etc. Newsletters are posted on the school website in the last week of each half-term as well as sent home by student mail – a system which rather depends on your child’s post-delivery skills! However to bolster the reliability of these communications we will also send out group text ‘alerts’ of key newsletters and correspondence
Parent/Teacher Consultation Evenings and Reports.
Through the year there are a range of important reporting moments to parents, running far ahead of the government requirement to provide a single annual report. During the year ALL PARENTS in all year groups will have either a tutor evening or a subject teacher evening.
- In the Autumn Term we have a tutor afternoon and evening meeting for year 5 and 7. At this meeting we report to parents on your child’s quality of effort in each of their subjects. For years 6 and 8, in their ‘test’ year – we have the subject teacher evenings.
- In the Spring Term we have a second parents evening for all year groups. Years 5 and 7 meet their child’s subject teachers, years 6 and 8 have an update from their child’s tutor.
- In the Summer Term we issue the annual school report. In association with that reporting to parents we calendar a full school day when the Head of Year will be available to have a discussion about issues arising from the report.