Holywell is committed to carefully structured programmes of independent learning outside of the classroom for its students.
Following an extensive review of our homework policy and practices in 2018, we have since used the approach to homework devised collaboratively with students, parents and staff.
- We operate a system of weekly homework.
- Maths and English homework is set weekly, together with 2 Foundation subjects in Years 6-8 and 1 Foundation Subject in Year 5.
- Homework will be to either: Complete work from that lesson, to test an end of unit understanding, to pre-assess knowledge before a unit of work or to do research on a upcoming unit of work. Homework is always linked closely to curriculum plans.
- Key Stage 2: 20-30 Minutes of homework per subject (2 hours a week).
- Key Stage 3: 30-40 Minutes of Homework per subject (2 Hours 40 Minutes per week).
- The teacher setting the homework will collect the homework in and implement sanctions if needed.
- We use the online app ‘Show My Homework’ to provide details of homework set, due dates and any related materials.