Holywell is committed to carefully structured programmes of independent learning outside of the classroom for its students.
Following an extensive review of our homework policy and practices, we have launched our revised approach to homework.
- We operate a system of weekly homework.
- Maths and English will be set weekly, together with 2 Foundation subjects.
- Homework will be to either: Complete work from that lesson, to test an end of unit understanding, to pre-assess knowledge before a unit of work or to do research on a upcoming unit of work. But it will be linked closely to the curriculum plans.
- Key Stage 2: 20-30 Minutes of homework per subject (2 hours a week).
- Key Stage 3: 30-40 Minutes of Homework per subject (2 Hours 40 Minutes per week).
- The teacher setting the homework will collect the homework in and implement sanctions if needed.
- From 17th September we will be using the online app ‘Show My Homework’ to provide details of homework set, due dates and any related materials.