Admissions for September 2025
We are proposing some changes to our Admissions Policy in response to local changes and the Schools for the Future programme.
In line with the ‘School Admissions Code’, we are launching a 6-week consultation. This consultation will run from 7th December 2023 to 18th January 2024. We are committed to ensuring our admissions arrangements continue to be open and fair, and we welcome your input as a valued member of our community.
The following amendments to our admissions arrangements have been proposed:
- Revised oversubscription criteria to reflect the change in student population as local schools transition to a Primary/Secondary model. In particular:
- Non-catchment siblings will have equal priority with catchment siblings (and highest priority after looked after and previously looked after children).
- Children living in the parish of Cranfield or attending Cranfield CoE Academy will be given higher priority than children living outside that area or attending other schools.
- Priority for church families will be limited to those living in the parishes of Marston Moreteyne, Lidlington or Wootton and the definition of Christian church has been updated.
- A new priority for children of staff members to support with recruitment and retention.
We have also taken the opportunity to update some of the technical provisions of the policy in order to remain compliant with the School Admissions Code 2021.
A full copy of our proposed admission arrangements can be viewed via the link above.
You are invited to submit comments in writing about the proposal to the Governing Board by emailing our Clerk to the Governors: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date of 18th January 2024 (noon).
Schools For The Future
As part of Central Bedfordshire’s ‘Schools for the Future’ development programme and, in response to the growing need for school places, we have been exploring a long-term plan to evolve into an 11-16 secondary school. We have worked closely with other local schools and both Central Bedfordshire Council and Bedford Borough Council to find a way forward. We conducted a statutory 4-week consultation from Monday 15th September to noon on Tuesday 16th October 2023. We are using the feedback from this consultation to create a proposal to submit to the Regional Director's Office (DfE).
On 8th November 2023, Central bedfordshire Council announced a delay to the plans for the Cranfiled area with the current proposed start of transition to Secobndary being September 2026. The full background paper is available by clicking the button at the bottom of this page or by following this LINK.
Paper copies are available on request from the school office: email@example.com.