Holywell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare, both physical and emotional, of every pupil both inside and outside of the school premises. We implement a whole-school preventative approach to managing safeguarding concerns, ensuring that the wellbeing of pupils is at the forefront of all action taken.
This policy sets out a clear and consistent framework for delivering this promise, in line with safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance.
It will be achieved by:
- Creating a culture of safer recruitment by adopting procedures that help deter, reject or identify people who might pose a risk to children.
- Teaching pupils how to keep safe and recognise behaviour that is unacceptable.
- Identifying and making provision for any pupil that has been subject to abuse.
- Ensuring that members of the governing board, the headteacher and staff members understand their responsibilities under safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance, are alert to the signs of child abuse and know to refer concerns to the DSL.
- Ensuring that the headteacher and any new staff members and volunteers are only appointed when all the appropriate checks have been satisfactorily completed.
If you have any Safeguarding concerns in regards to a pupil who attends Holywell School, the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Mrs Jillian Davies and she can be contacted on 01234 750381 or email@example.com. Our Assistant DSL is Ms Emma Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org). Safeguarding and Child protection matters are also dealt with by other members of the Senior Leadership Team (Mr Michael Simpson (Headteacher), Mr Stephan van der Merwe (Deputy Headteacher), Mrs H Donnellan (Acting Deputy Headteacher) and Mrs Lesley Bennett (Well-being Co-ordinator).
Our Safeguarding Governor is Mrs Sara Jenkins (email@example.com).